Smartphones aren't called "smart" for no reason. Your smartphones can do very many things to keep you connected, informed and current...and can print wirelessly. Most of us now own an all-in-one printer, you know, one that prints, faxes, copies and scans. Aside from these handy features, did you know most of these newer printers also have a wireless printing feature? If your printer is equipped with WLAN (wireless local area network) aka WiFi, you can actually print directly from your smartphone!
Whether you use the Android operating system or are an Apple/ iOS fan, you can print wirelessly from your mobile device. Here’s how:
Wireless Printing from Android Mobile Devices
- Install and use a printer specific app or
- Use a generic wireless printing app (non-brand specific) to give your print commands.
- Excel sheets
- Word files
- Power point presentations
- PDF files
- Email attachments in several different file formats
Another way to go, is to use brand specific printer apps available via Google Play:
- Epson iPrint lets you print pictures, web pages and documents from your tablet or Android phone. Using remote print functionality (if you have an email-enabled Epson printer), you can print from anywhere in the world.
- Canon Mobile Printing is the free app for Canon’s laser printers and laser multifunction printers, whereas PIXMA/MAXIFY PrintingSolutions is the app for inkjet printers of the PIXMA or MAXIFY series. You can find out whether your printer is compatible by checking the list of supported printers on the app page.
- Brother iPrint&Scan is the app for Brother printers that lets you print web pages, emails, photos, documents, and also lets you print from cloud services such as Evernote, Dropbox and OneDrive.
- HP All-in-One Printer Remote is for all HP printers with ePrint on them. The app supports printers set to wireless direct printing mode as well as printers on local wireless network.
|Canon Mobile Print Preview|
Using a WiFi Printer to Pint From Your iPhoneFor iOS devices like the iPhone, iTouch or iPad, all you need is a printer that is AirPrint compatible. And what is AirPrint?
- It is the Apple feature that lets you print wirelessly from your device.
- To print wirelessly, your printer needs to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device via bridging, or by a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
- To check if your printer is compatible, check out the list of printers at the Apple Support site (arranged alphabetically – Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, Fuji Xerox etc).
|Apple AirPrint Image From BeginnersTech|
- Open up a note in your Notes app and select PRINT in the action button.
- The printer device will typically appear as the selected device and if not you can let your device scan for printers and tap the appropriate option when it appears.
- You can now quickly and effortlessly print high quality pictures and documents from any of your iOS apps.
Do you do a lot of wireless printing? What are the preferred apps you use and do you have any tips you'd like to share with us?